GATHERINGS | We gather every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sunday from 6 – 8pm at Lifegate Church unless otherwise notified.
We want to partner with parents in pursuit of their teen so they may become mature followers of Christ, equipped for the work of gospel ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16). We believe the gospel (the good news of what God has done through Jesus Christ to reconcile sinners to himself for his glory) is the catalyst for this work. Our prayer is that through the simple message of the gospel which is the power for salvation and transformation (Romans 1:16), believers would be built up and the non-believer would be directed to Jesus and his life-changing grace (Titus 2:11-14).
In light of this, the Equip youth ministry is a gospel-centered gathering that fosters sanctification, theological depth, and thanks-filled joy as it is built out of 5 key distinctives that are shared in the life of the church and flow out of the gospel:
1. WORD | We gather around the word of God which is the authoritative and normative rule and guide of all Christian life, practice, and doctrine.
2. PRAISE | We gather and sing praises to and about our great God as a means of proclaiming to an on-looking world our gratefulness and his glory.
3. PRAY | We gather in humble dependency upon our God and recognize our need to align our mind, heart, and will to the mind, heart, and will of God.
4. SERVE | We gather as those who follow the example of Christ Jesus in being commissioned towards Gospel mission as we live in humble, joy-filled service of those around us.
5. COMMUNITY | We gather as believers that have been brought into Christ’s community by saving grace and now compel one another in the joys of salvation towards mature, faithful-living.
WHAT TO EXPECT | A typical Equip gathering looks like this:
- Community (Snacks & Drinks!)
GATHERINGS | The Jr. Youth ministry gathers every 2nd Sunday from 5:30 – 7pm at Lifegate Church unless otherwise notified.
We want to partner with parents in pursuit of their pre-teen. Some are believers and some are not. In light of this, in each gathering we desire to point each child to the gospel which is the power for salvation (Romans 1:16) and is the catalyst for training up in godliness (Titus 2:11-14). We are seeking to do this through the teaching of God’s word and seeing God’s redemptive plan that would be accomplished through Jesus and is found throughout all the scriptures.
WHAT TO EXPECT | A typical Jr. Youth gathering looks like this:
- Community (Snacks & Drinks!)
WE ARE A MINISTRY SAFE CHURCH | Ministry Safe is a ministry we partner with that provides a thorough training program that we require for all volunteers working with minors. Ministry Safe utilizes applications, interviews, reference forms, background checks, and training videos to ensure to the best of our ability that each volunteer is qualified and well trained in legal and safety matters concerning minors.
Philip and his wife Danielle have been at Lifegate Church for 8 years. In 2015, Philip was sent by Lifegate Church to the Sovereign Grace Pastor’s College. Upon graduating the Pastor’s College, Philip is now serving in a pastoral training position at Lifegate Church where he is serving in Student Ministry, Outreach/Evangelism, and overseeing the Lifegate Christian School chapel services.